Currently in Brisbane, Australia
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

Sunday 16 August 2009

A taste of things to come.

I haven’t even departed the country and already I’ve managed to balls something up. If this is a precursor to events I can expect on my travels then I better prepare myself for missed flights, forgotten passports, and misplaced luggage. That’s right, I forgot my final appointment with the nurse. My scream of despair must have been audible for miles and I can’t even describe how annoyed I was with myself. The excuse I gave the receptionist was laughable: “I’ve been out of contact and need to ‘rearrange’ my appointment.” Never has an excuse so vague been believed by so few.

No doubt similar situations will likely arise during my trip, regardless of how well organised I am. I need to learn how to take such mishaps in my stride and make alternate arrangements – at least this was a good dress-rehearsal for that. Luckily, I managed to get an appointment a few days later and my course of vaccinations wasn’t disturbed by my collinder-like memory. I think an appointment book/diary/personal assistant has moved up the priority list. Those interested apply within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and that?